Week 16, Post 2
Social media marketing should be a big part of any company’s business and marketing plan. I feel like I have just scratched the surface on how to maximize social media marketing, however I do have a newfound understanding on what possibilities there are to use and how to investigate them further.
I have learned how important it is to be strategic about what you post, the timing and regularity of the posts, the type of post you make, who you are trying to reach, and what you are trying to accomplish through your posts. I also learned that customer service is a part of the social media plan as well. I now understand that monitoring comments are critical in your business from a customer service and sales standpoint. And, what an opportunity that is available to also monitor comments from your competitors’ pages. I loved the example of the hotel in Las Vegas where a customer was complaining about check-in and then a competing hotel posted an empathetic message to that customer. In the end, they gained a new customer. I thought that was brilliant!
How to automate posts is an helpful feature that I have learned so that you aren’t having to remember to post at a specific time. Learning about that tool was key for me. Although obviously staying on top of your pages by making sure you are retaining followers may mean that at times you need to be ready to do a post or ad that you weren’t necessarily expecting. Planning for that unexpected post is helpful as well. Having copy and photos available for posts specifically for that objective would be beneficial.
I found that the analytics and learning more about the strategic part was the most interesting to me. How to purchase ads to gain more followers particularly after seeing a decline in net followers was a strategy that I would like to learn more about. The Facebook tool available to create an ad was really amazing! Facebook does a great job of holding your hand throughout the process of creating an ad and figuring out the objective and type of ad you will need.
I thought the textbook was well written and a tremendous resource. I will keep it on my desk and reference it regularly. Hopefully I will be able to secure a new career soon and can bring some of what I have learned to the table. Taking this class this semester has been a big help in providing me with an understand of social media for business. Thank you!
Comments
Post a Comment