Week 10, Post 1

I will often look to bloggers to research a product I would like to buy.  It has become common to want to see the product actually being used and endorsed by what appears to be an honest assessment.   I recently painted the interior of my house and found several bloggers who would show a particular color in various light.  They would also discuss how the color would shift in a particular room.  In the past, I would have just held up a color swatch.  Adding a personal narrative to a blog makes the product or subject come alive and provides so much more credence.  With the shift of influencers becoming such a strong voice in society and marketing, personal narratives in a blog shows the power behind this trend.  

It is important to post what is relevant to your followers and be sure that it valuable to them.  By keeping on topic with your blog and what may be interesting to your followers is important.  Do not post just to have something on your site. Being thoughtful with your personal posts allows you to be credible to your followers

Comments

  1. I agree.....it makes your business more legitimate when an honest assessment is given, and is so helpful. Also, keeping it relevant and interesting for the follower so that they'll come back for more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Using a blog to help pick out paint is an interesting take. I painted my house in 2018 and it while I was pretty set on the color family I wanted, it still took four test pots of paint to make my decision (at $4/each, the price was reasonable, but still $16 I could have spent elsewhere). A bonus to paint blogging is that a talented designer could show different ways to design furniture and accessories around the color and thereby help sell the color even further!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Week 13, Post 2

Week 15, Post 1

Week 2: Post 1