Week 1A: My Template
I've just said goodbye to the most difficult year of my life. I am grateful for what I have endured as my life ahead has so much possibility. I crave simplicity, order and a sense of purpose with a bunch of fun mixed in. The format of this blog represents the life I would like to live: simple with substance. I selected Soho Light as my theme. I am attracted to the clean lines and white background which provides a frame to highlight what I want to express and a platform for my words and photos to speak for themselves.
I have come to realize that clutter stifles me. It stagnates my sense of freedom and prevents me from getting out and doing the things I want to do. It is a burden. That being said, I still have clutter in places that I am slowly bringing to order. This blog is one small step in the right direction!
Christine, I have learned that goodbyes makes room for hellos! Thank you for sharing where you are in life and the strife that you have endured this past year. I, as well I'm sure many of our classmates have endured difficult times. What we all collectively can bond over is that we are striving with a intent and purpose as we better ourselves with classes. We're learning not only in mind but in life. What we can accomplish, what challenges us, and what new passions arrive due to our intentional energies. That is what I felt from your blog... your energies are focused to find an uncomplicated freedom that will bring out the best in you. Trust me sister, this will be your best year yet! Be open to it ALL and take in the new challenges that will slam the door hard on your last difficult year.
ReplyDeleteI appreciate how you can correlate your complex admiration of clutter stiffles you. Coherently choosing to keep things simple is a great strategy not only for your blog but also as you start 2020 with a new vision of life. I'm a consummate cheerleader for all those trying to find their new you, so please do not hesitate to contact me if you need a "pep talk". Your one small step is YOUR right first step that LEFT 2019 behind.
Thank you so much Karen for your kind reply. Yes, although a tough year it is also so exciting to think of what life has in store! I appreciate your thoughtful words of encouragement!
DeleteBoy do I hear you on the clutter - I grew up with clutter and my family still revels in clutter and it is something that I simply cannot deal with now, haha. I have my own home where I can call the shots and it's still a constant battle against the piles. But, when everything is in order and all is right I can think the best. It's baby steps, of course, but you can do it!
ReplyDeleteYou are certainly not alone in facing difficulties in life, and I hope that you are on a good path forward and have lots of support. My worst year was six years ago, and it's something that still ripples through my daily life. It's changed me in a way - being more compassionate, understanding, and accepting - and while I would undo it all if I had the power I don't regret the lessons I've learned.
I like your quote of "simple with substance" - life doesn't need the "fluff" but it still needs to have meaning. Funny enough, I think it describes your blog template well! You've got the clean design with the pop of street art and graffiti - and those art forms have a lot of meaning in themselves. Nicely chosen!
Thank you for sharing your story as well Michelle. We really do appreciate life more after going through hard times. By the way, your blog site is beautiful and I appreciate how you incorporated the love of your grandma into your site. The meaning behind your choice of watercolors as well as the beauty of the colors bring me joy!
DeleteHi Christine, I like that you've chosen a blog theme to represent how you want your life to be.....clean and uncomplicated. I'm also inspired by you being inspired to start a new career, go back to school and follow your passion! I too, have been a stay-at-home mom and looking to start a new career. The quote you posted, "You are not too old and it is never too late" is a great affirmation. Good luck in your endeavor!
ReplyDeleteHi Christine, I like your perspective on why your theme works well. Clean and simple without distractions. I can see your advertising knowledge coming through already. Best of luck to you this next year.
ReplyDeleteThank you so much Jennifer!
Delete